Vecchia Cantina di Montepulciano is Tuscany’s oldest cooperative of wineries. It is situated in the centre of the production area of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, a territory with centuries of winemaking tradition. Vecchia Cantina has been established in 1937, thanks to the initiative of fourteen pioneer producers, the company began its productive life in 1940 with its first bottling.
After the difficult years of World War II and the reorganization of land ownership in the 1950s, Vecchia Cantina acted as a propeller for the entire territory, between the 1960s and the 1970s. This role role is maintained today.